LED Street Lighting
Reducing energy requirement by more than 50 % with innovative lighting
According to the professional journal “Elektronik Report”, issue 12/2008, towns and cities use up to 38 % of their energy requirement for their street lighting – a huge portion. And this, most of the time, for out-dated technology with insufficient lighting characteristics and a big amount of maintenance. The advantages of the BöSha LED lighting at a glance:
- Energy saving of up to more than 50 % in comparison to conventional illuminants
- Reduction of carbon dioxide corresponding to energy saving
- Minimum amount of maintenance at a product life of up to 100,000 operating hours
- Absolutely insensitive to shock (vandalism)
- Optimum colour perception when using daylight-white LED
- Insensitive to temperature, always constant luminosity without heat-up phase
- Due to the narrow spectrum of the emitted light no insects are attracted, which means less staining of the light fittings
In contrary to other LED developments in which single LED are used in connection with lenses for the focussing of light, BöSha mainly applies LED in multi-chip technology (up to 120 lm/W). Special reflectors focus and direct the light and, at the same time, serve for cooling.
The prejudices about the old LED have been out of date for a long time already. Just a few years ago, they spoke of blue cold light which was emitted selectively only. In addition, these systems were characterized by inaccurateness of colours, glaring and little efficiency.
The latest LED technology, in comparison with old systems, offers accurateness of colour with a deviation of just 0.01 %. Moreover, nowadays LED can be chosen in up to seven colour temperatures.
Sceptics say that the modern LED technology does not come up to the lumen output of conventional illuminants. However, when considering that the LED emit their light only to the front, meaning the light is directed at 100 %, the power of conventional lamps gets neutralized. In the latter case, the light is emitted all around and a large portion has to be reflected.
Conventional technology versus LED technology
At an output voltage of 40 V, the integrated electronical ballasts supply the LED lighting unit with a constant current, and they are temperature controlled. Of course, for still bigger savings potential BöSha also offers a night-time dimming feature.