Head LightsBack to Overview
The head lights of the BS 61** series are designed for application in potentially explosive atmospheres. They mainly consist of a "flameproof" enclosure (aluminium, brass or cast iron), a screw-in front ring with silicate glass panes, a diffusing lens and a terminal box having type of explosion protection "increased safety".
The lamp, ballast and ignitor are accommodadated within the enclosure. Alternatively, other electrical and electronical components, such as laser distance meters, may be installed.
Ideally, they can be used for spotlighting industrial areas. They may be mounted in any position. A mounting bracket, fixed to the enclosure, serves as mounting aid allowing the headlight to be swivelled horizontally and vertically.
The terminal box, containing a terminal board, protective ground conductor terminal and a circuit diagram on the inside of the lid, is flanged to the side of the head light enclosure. The power supply lead is fed into the terminal box through a cable entry (M 36 x 1.5) and is connected according to the enclosed circuit diagram.
- Enclosure can be supplied optionally, either in brass, cast iron or cast aluminium
- Mirror-coated reflector
- All built-in components are easily accessible by simply unscrewing the pane
- On request, anti-glare grating
- Replaceable terminal box with terminals up to 16 mm²
- Light colour optionally with metal halide (HQI) or sodium-vapour lamps (NAV)
|Type of explosion protection: mining||I M2 Ex de I|
|Type of explosion protection: industry||II 2G Ex de IIC T4/T3|
|Degree of enclosure protection||min. IP 54|
|EC type examination certificate||IBExU 97 ATEX 1052|
Type of lamp
|611 A||230 V AC||50 - 60 Hz||70 W||
|611 B||500 V AC|
|611 C||1000 V AC|
|612 A||230 V AC||50 - 60 Hz||70 W||
|612 B||500 V AC|
|612 C||1000 V AC|
|613 A||230 V AC||50 - 60 Hz||150 W||
Metal halide (HQI)
|613 B||230 V AC||Sodium-vapour (NAV)|
|613 C||1000 V AC||Metal halide (HQI)|
|614 A||230 V AC||50-60 Hz||250 W *||Metal halide (HQI)|
|614 B||230 V AC||Sodium-vapour (NAV)|
|614 C||500 V AC||Metal halide (HQI)|
*) In this case, the approval relates only to the explosion protection requirements of equipment group I and equipment category M2 for Ex group I (mining).
• Mirror-coated reflector
• All built-in components are easily accessible by simply unscrewing the pane
• On request, with anti-glare grating
• Replaceable terminal box with terminals up to 16 mm²
• Light colour optionally with metal halide (HQI) or sodium-vapour lamps (NAV)
• Any mounting position
• Supply line M 36 x 1.5, as standard; on request also M 25 x 1.5
• Different wattages from 70 W to 250 W
• Aluminium enclosure offers significant weight advantage compared with brass or grey cast iron (types 611-613: 13 kg, type 614: 17 kg); aluminium has better heat-conducting properties
Subject to technical modifications!